Home » University of Waterloo Archives Digital Library Collections
University of Waterloo Archives Digital Library Collections
The University of Waterloo Archives (UWA) receives minutes, reports, departmental files, personal and official correspondence, sound and video recordings, films, photographs, and other significant records generated in the University's day-to-day activities. The holdings consist of approximately 3,000 linear feet of administrative, legal, financial, and historical records dating from 1956 to the present. In addition to official university records, the UWA also preserves campus publications, materials by and about the University of Waterloo, papers of some faculty members, and records of student organizations.
The Sphere was a quarterly newspaper published by members of the Arts Student Union (ASU) between 1993 and 1996. It was produced in response to calls for a new publication to fill the gap left by the former ASU newspaper, Arts Lion, which was published during the 1980s. Featuring news items, reviews and creative writing, the newspaper was intended for as a means of communication throughout the Arts Faculty.
The topic files collection was created and maintained by Special Collections & Archives staff members for internal reference related to happenings, people and buildings associated with the University of Waterloo.
The University of Waterloo Bibliography is a collection of titles about the University of Waterloo including speeches, promotional material and feature articles that were published in newspapers, periodicals and trade publications. Established in the early 1990s by Jane Britton, it was actively maintained until 2008. A complete listing of the titles held in the collection can be found in the University of Waterloo Library catalogue.
First published as the University of Waterloo Quarterly Report (December 1959-March 1966) the newsletter provided an overview of news related to the University of Waterloo including staff hires, administrative changes, student life and campus expansion(s). Changed in 1966 to the name University of Waterloo Quarterly (June 1966-March 1969), the newsletter remained in circulation until 1970, ending it's run as Quarterly (September 1969-September 1970).