Highland Light Infantry [Published]
Photo caption from published version of 40-11_001: "FUSILIERS COMPLETE OWN PLATOON TRUCK - The only platoon truck known to have been manufactured by a non-permanent active militia unit, is shown above, with members of the Scots Fusiliers on active service grouped in it. Left to right rear are Lieut. G. E. Eastman, adjutant, Major H. M. Chace, M.M.E.D., Fusilier J.E. Kilborn, Sgt. P. K. Kennedy, Sgt. E. W. Gillespie; seated are Driver Sgt. G. Schmidt and Sgt. W. A. Martin."
Image of Scots Fusiliers posing for the camera while sitting in and standing next to a platoon truck. A group of children looking visible at right.
Title supplied by Kitchener-Waterloo Record staff. 40-11_001 appeared on Page 3 of the July 30, 1940 edition of the newspaper as part of the article: "Platoon Carrier Made by Fusiliers At K-W Collegiate." Article notes truck was built by platoon members during the winter at the Collegiate.
Kitchener-Waterloo Record Photographic Negative Collection
1 photograph : b&w copy negative ; 8 x 10 cm
Eastman, G. E. (Gerald Ernest), 1906-1992Military personnel
Waterloo (Ont. : Regional municipality)
University of Waterloo Library. Special Collections & Archives. Kitchener-Waterloo Record Photographic Negative Collection. Highland Light Infantry [Published]. 40-11_001.