The Company of Neighbours fonds consists of local history photographs left at the office of the Company of Neighbours by an unknown donor, for Dr. Kenneth M. McLaughlin, who in turn donated them to the University of Waterloo Library. See the Company of Neighbours fonds finding aid for more information.
This photograph shows a large group of people gathered for an event of some sort. In the foreground are men and women sitting on makeshift benches, in the background are several individuals on a podium with a large lectern, surmounted by an arbour of branches. The whole group is in a wooded area. The photograph is annotated on the back: "Waterloo, Ont., Aug. 11/07" with a monogram, possibly CKR[itzer?]. It is possible the photograph commemorates an event connected to the 50th anniversary of the incorporation of the Village of Waterloo in 1857., Title based on contents of photo.