KW St. Mary's Blood Bank [Published]
Photo caption that accompanied both photos in article: "K-W BLOOD BANKS - How lifesaving blood plasma is obtained, banked and administered is illustrated in these photos. At top [missing from envelope, no suitable substitute], Dr. John Dickenson and nurse Anne Janowski take blood from Dr. John Barker at St. Mary's Hospital. At lower left [missing from envelope, no suitable substitute], Sister M. Cordula, in charge of the K-W Hospital bank, makes a deposit of plasma. At right [47-574_001], nurse Anne Lesie, in charge of the K-W Hospital bank, administers blood to Edith Simmons, admitting office nurse at K-W who has just undergone an appendectomy."
Image of Anne Lesie, seen dressed in white robes, placing a bottle of blood plasma into a storage unit.
Title supplied by Kitchener-Waterloo Record staff.
47-574_001 appeared on Page 3 of the Saturday, August 2, 1947 edition of the newspaper as part of the article: "Efficient Blood Bank System Saves Lives."
Kitchener-Waterloo Record Photographic Negative Collection
1 photograph : b&w negative ; 8 x 10 cm
Waterloo (Ont. : Regional municipality)
University of Waterloo Library. Special Collections & Archives. Kitchener-Waterloo Record Photographic Negative Collection. KW St. Mary's Blood Bank [Published]. 47-574_001.