Special Collections & Archives Digital Library Collections
The University of Waterloo Library's Special Collections & Archives holds early editions and rare books, collections of archives and manuscripts, and other material that requires special care and handling because of its early publication date, association interest, physical condition, aesthetic value, or unusual format.
- Anne Innis Dagg fonds
- The Anne Innis Dagg fonds consists of the personal papers of Anne Innis Dagg. A Canadian biologist, researcher and writer known for her work related to topics including giraffes, Canadian wild life, and gender-based equity issues in academia, Dagg completed a PhD examining gaits and their development in Infraorder Pecora at the University of Waterloo in 1967, and has been affiliated with the school in various capacities since that time.
- Breithaupt Hewetson Clark Collection
- The Breithaupt Hewetson Clark Collection includes the family papers of the Breithaupt, Hewetson, and Clark families; records from the Guild of All Arts in Scarborough, Ontario, founded by Rosa Breithaupt Hewetson Clark and Spencer Clark; and several smaller collections acquired by the Breithaupt family and by Spencer Clark.
- Cameron Clare Hill fonds
- Material created or accumulated by Cameron Hill and his family during the Second World War and in the years following. Includes records related to Cameron’s military training, uniform and personal gear, and service overseas. Also contains records related to Cameron’s time held in custody as a prisoner of war as well as his liberation and repatriation home to Canada and his life in later years. See the Cameron Clare Hills fonds finding aid for more information.
- Clement Bowlby Family fonds
- Fonds consists of textual and graphic materials created or accumulated by members of the Clement and Bowlby families, largely photographs of extended family members and materials created or accumulated by William Pope Clement and Florence Grace Clement. Also contains clippings, correspondence, genealogical records and research, textiles, artifacts including First World War medals, and other ephemera. See the Clement Bowlby Family fonds finding aid for more information.
- Dominion Rubber
- For decades Dominion Rubber and its organizational offshoots operated as one of the most prominent companies in Kitchener-Waterloo. Consisting of photographs, newsletters, and administrative records, the Dominion Rubber Company fonds and related collections document operations at the Dominion Tire factory on Strange Street in Kitchener and at regional offices across Canada.
- George Pattinson Woollen Mill fonds
- The George Pattinson Woollen Mill fonds consists of materials created and accumulated by the George Pattinson Woollen Mill and its predecessors. Includes primarily financial and account information for the mill, including journals, account books, and a ledger. Also includes photographs and ephemera.
- Harry Byers fonds
- The Harry Byers fonds consists of materials created and accumulated by Harry Byers relating to both his personal and professional life. It includes biographical documents, including his passport and WW1 papers, ephemera, clippings and correspondence as well as approximately 270 photographs of Harry Byers and his family. Also included are photographs from Byers' time living in Russia, and a diary recounting the two years he was there.