Kitchener-Waterloo Record Photographic Negative Collection
The Kitchener-Waterloo Photographic Negative Collection consists of more than 2 million negatives taken between 1938 and 2001 by staff photographers at the Kitchener-Waterloo Record and its predecessors. Providing a historical look at the Region of Waterloo, the Collection includes documentary photographs of local news events, community activities, regional development, human-interest stories, businesses, schools, and sports teams.
- Winter Activities [Published]
- Photo caption from published version of 54-6724_008: "MAN-MADE HILL - Youngsters at Victoria Park lost no time in making use of the big banks of snow around the lake. A bulldozer in background completes snow removal from the lake for skating while three children slide down the hill on a toboggan.", Title supplied by Kitchener-Waterloo Record staff., 54-6724_008 appeared on Page 3 of the Friday, January 29, 1954 edition of the newspaper.
- Winter Activities [Published]
- Photo caption from published version of 54-6724_001: "DEEP DRIFTS - High winds Saturday quickly piled up deep drifts, particularly on country roads. Many cars, like this one on the Lexington road, were left stuck in the snow until help could be gotten.", Title supplied by Kitchener-Waterloo Record staff., 54-6724_001 appeared on Page 3 of the Monday, February 1, 1954 edition of the newspaper as part of the article: "Snowplows, Blowers Busy Over Weekend."
- Woolner, Dr. Ward, Ayr [Published]
- Photo caption from published photo: "Dr. Ward Alvin Willson Woolner.", Title supplied by Kitchener-Waterloo Record staff., Photo appeared in the Saturday, January 2, 1954 edition of the newspaper as part of the article: "Doctors Lose Close Family Tie."
- Woolwich Plowing Match [Unpublished]
- Title supplied by Kitchener-Waterloo Record staff., Photo missing from this envelope appeared on Page 12 of the Saturday, October 11, 1947 edition of the newspaper., Photo caption from published photo [see 47-741_001 for closest version]: "INTERNATIONAL, HERE WE COME! - The four young plowmen who won the right to represent Waterloo County at the International plowing match at Kingston next week are shown astride a tractor at the Woolwich plowing match. Left to right, Wallace Snider, R.R. 2, Waterloo, Ronald Honderich, R.R. 2, New Hamburg, Darcy Zinn, Blair and Jerry Becker, Blair. Snider and Honderich will compete in the horse classes. Zinn and Becker in tractor.
- Wrestling, YMCA [Unpublished]
- Photo caption from published photo [see 53-5443_001 for closest version]: "WHOSE LEG? - Coach Orville Dorscht explains a few of the finer points of wrestling to a class at the YMCA. Ken Christopher (striped pants) and Don Hawkins do the demonstrating. Taking it all in in the background are (left to right) Havey Siep, Clive Siegner, Bob Schweitzer, Emil Schipping, Henry Rempel and Don Schippling.", Title supplied by Kitchener-Waterloo Record staff., Photos from this envelope appeared on Page 27 of the Wednesday, December 16, 1953 edition of the newspaper as part of the article: "Amateur Wrestling Marking A Comeback."