Kitchener-Waterloo Young Men's Christian Association fonds
The Kitchener-Waterloo Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) was founded in Berlin (now Kitchener) in . Active until 1906 when financial difficulties and limited facilities made it necessary to cease local operations, the YMCA was reconstituted in 1919 when a large fund-raising campaign resulted in the building of the structure at the corner of Queen and Weber Streets in Kitchener. This building remained its headquarters until the YMCA moved to its present locations on Carwood Ave. in Kitchener and Lincoln Road in Waterloo. More information about records pertaining to the YMCA is available in the Kitchener-Waterloo YMCA finding aids.